The Acorn Public Library District complies with the Illinet Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Code, and the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) Resource Sharing Policy.
Acorn as a Lending Library
- All materials, unless otherwise noted, are available through ILL request. Materials may be loaned for a period of three weeks. A two-week renewal can be made, provided there are no holds on the item. A longer loan period may be granted upon request.
- Reference materials are not available through ILL requests. New fiction DVDs, both adult and children’s, and video games are not available for ILL request. Video games are not available through ILL requests. Streaming media devices are also not available for ILL requests, as they can only be checked out and returned directly to the Acorn Public Library District. Returning streaming media devices to any other library but Acorn Public Library District will result in a $10.00 charge. Current issues of periodicals are not available for ILL request.
- Photocopies of articles may be ILDS delivered or sent via fax. ILDS delivery is free. If sent via fax, the limit is ten pages with no charge. When fax delivery of ten pages is requested, the charge is $.15 per page.
- Damaged or lost items will be charged to the borrowing library in accordance with the Acorn Public Library’s Circulation Policy.
Acorn as a Borrowing Library
- Patrons must have in their possession a valid SWAN library card to complete the loan process. Only 10 items may be requested or loaned at one time. If there is an overdue ILL item, no further ILL items will be loaned until the overdue item is returned and the fines paid.
- Materials will be checked out for the period set forth by the lending library. Occasionally valuable or fragile books are received for patrons to view at the library for a period determined by the lending library.
- Patrons may request a maximum of copies of three articles per month from periodicals from other libraries. The charge for these articles, if they are received via fax, is $.15 per page. If a copy of the article cannot be obtained, a refund will be issued.
- Patrons may request an out of state loan for a fee of $5.00 per item to cover postage.
- Damaged or lost items will be charged to the patron in accordance with the lending library’s policies.