Acorn Public Library District provides public access to books, digital resources, public programs, and gathering spaces. The Library acts as a vital, inspiring, and responsive center of lifelong learning that meets the educational, recreational, cultural, and informational needs of our diverse community.
- Respect: We are courteous and kind to all of our patrons and to each other.
- Innovation: We anticipate and embrace change in order to respond to the needs of the community.
- A Welcoming Environment: We provide an attractive, safe space for patrons and employees.
- Good Stewardship: We use our resources efficiently, responsibly, and effectively.
- Excellence: We combine our expertise with creativity and passion when serving our patrons.
Please view our Strategic Plan for 2014-2016.
Please Contact Us with any questions about our budget or policies.
You may view the most commonly requested policies below:
Additional policies (pdf):
Illinois Public Act 97-0609 states that any Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) employer, "must post on its website the total compensation
package for each employee having a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000 per year.”
At the current time, Acorn Public Library District does not have any employees that fall within the scope of this Act. Should this change, we will post the total compensation package of any applicable employees.