We are excited to announce that on Monday, July 13, we are reopening the building! No appointment Necessary!
It really can’t be said enough—your health, and the health of our employees—are our priority. And, every decision we make is through that lens as we apply state guidelines.
As we enter phase 4 of the library’s reopening plan, we have a lot to tell you! Please scroll to get all the details.
To safely maintain the building and staff workflow, our hours are a bit different.
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday–Saturday: 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Following State Guidelines
While we are offering many of our usual services when we reopen the building, we have many state guidelines to follow including limiting the number of people in the building.
We encourage you to . . .
- continue to use the library remotely as much as possible.
- continue to pick up items through curbside pick-up rather than coming into the building.
- when coming into the library limit your amount of time in the building.
Coming to visit? Here’s what you need to know!
If you need to visit the library, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements. . .
- Wear a face covering or mask at all times.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often. We’ll have sanitizer for your use at the library.
- Children age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our water fountains are turned off.
- If you feel unwell, or are consistently coughing or sneezing, please stay home.
- Our staff is available in the library and by phone and email to answer your reference and readers’ advisory questions.
- All of our physical collections are available for browsing and checkout.
- All materials may be returned at our exterior bookdrop. Staff cannot accept returns at the Circulation Desk or at curbside pickup.
- Fewer computers are available to ensure social distancing. In order to serve as many people as possible, computers are available for two hours, per day by for Acorn cardholders.
- We are continuing to offer virtual programs.
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services are available on a self-serve basis.
- Curbside printing
- Curbside pickup
- Notary services
- Wi-Fi is available in our building and parking lot
What’s Not Available?
- Placing of holds for items at other libraries
- Donations of materials to the library.
- Comfy seating
- Study rooms, the Storytime Room, the Board Room, and the Meeting Room
- Programs inside the building (Remember, we have programs online!)
Your safety is a priority!
- We’re conducting health screenings of our employees.
- Our team is wearing face masks.
- We are social distancing.
- We’ve installed plastic partitions at all the desks.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer throughout the building plus disinfectant you can use to clean equipment.
- We’ll also be cleaning equipment and surfaces throughout the day.
- We’re quarantining returned materials for three days based on studies recently completed in the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials.